Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife and I been separated for four months and she moved

Customer Question

My wife and I been separated for four months and she moved out of the house to her dad's house she took the kids with her my son come back to me and they had to put a court order for to see my daughter she preventing me to see her after eight weeks now after four months moving out the house she started to come in the morning whatever she won and in the night also everytime she comes she take some material and stuff from the house like paper my business paper some of the furniture when I am not the present in the house I know I can't change lock but how c can I prevent her from coming whenever she wants and whatever she likes
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required:

-How old are the children?

-Are there any court proceedings or orders in place, if so what?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
One of them mate years and other 12 years
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Are there any court proceedings or orders in place, if so what?

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I put court order regarding the shared care parenting of the kids and the hearing on 21 September
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. As you are married she has rights to occupy the property even if it is in your sole name. If it is in joint names she has a right to occupy due to her legal interest. This can only end if there is a court order excluding her from the property and you will not be able to change the locks unless such an exclusion order is in place.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.