Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My daughter died 7 months ago leaving our grandson who is

Customer Question

My daughter died 7 months ago leaving our grandson who is 11yrs.My daughter was unmarried and lived with our grandson as a one parent family since he was 2yrs.There was a joint residency order and my grandson visited his father during school holidays.When our daughter died my grandson told his father he now wanted to live with my wife and I and he would continue to visit him at school holidays.At first he refused my grandsons wishes but then after seeing how distressed he was he agreed.As agreed my grandson travelled from Scotland to visit his father in the south of England during the Easter holidays.Before going to visit he was promised by his father that he would be returned to his home with us in Scotland.The day he was due to travel back his father told him he was keeping him there.Whenever we are able to speak to our grandson on the phone he keeps telling us he wants to come home to us and has been extremely distraught on a number of occasions.His father keeps telling him that it his solicitor who says he must stay there.I know full well this would never happenMy grandson keeps asking us if he could get a solicitor to represent him.Can you give my wife and I some direction.We are both retired.The original Residency Order was issued at Portsmouth Crown Court.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I am so sorry for your loss.

Have yo seen your Grandson since last Easter?