13262538

If a wife is estranged from her husband and getting divorced

If a wife is estranged from her husband and getting divorced but is still his next of kin, and the husband is arrested and charged with an offence and in custody, does the wife have the entitlement to be told by the police where he is being held?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I am sorry but a wife has no entitlement to this information unless the husband wishes her to know

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, so there's no way she can get in contact with him, even if trying to help sort his affairs at home?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

She can use the service here

https://www.gov.uk/find-prisoner

BUT if he refuses to let her have the details there is no way around that I am afraid

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its ok thanks