Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have been divorced for 5 years I have two sons aged 13 and

Customer Question

I have been divorced for 5 years I have two sons aged 13 and 18. The 18 year old will be going to university next week.
My ex husband keeps threatening me with maintenance. He is a senior partner At EY he has always been a high Earner. During our divorce he blackmailed me and I signed a very unfair settlement , no pension, very little cash , no home only maintenance for both boys. I currently get 3000 pounds s month with this I have to provide a home , pay bills and take care of the boys. He refuses to help me with any extras. He earns over a million pounds a year, drives luxury cars and have a flat in London as well as a house in Kent that he uses over weekends. He is going on his third holiday for the year in a week. How can I stop him from threatening us ?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

What threats has he made?

What is the exact wording of the Order regarding maintenance?

Were you legally advised when the Order was made?