Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband and I are separated. Our house is up for sale but

My husband and I are separated. Our house is up for sale but has not sold and we have a joint mortgage. I have accidentally just opened a letter which came to the house today which was from a bank. My ex has opened a joint account with his mistress and despite living with her for the past 6 months, he has used this address to open the account. Has he just committed fraud?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As he is still a legal owner of the property he would still have the right to use the address unless there is a court order excluding him, therefore he would not have committed fraud. However, you should immediately inform him that you have accidentally opened the letter and provide it to him.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you