Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a 17 year old daughter. She has just completed her

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a 17 year old daughter. She has just completed her first year of A-Levels. However, unfortunately she did not get the grades to continue them. She is now applying to companies to do an apprenticeship in business. Do I still have to pay child maintenance once she starts her apprenticeship and is earning money herself?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Under child maintenance rules child maintenance will continue if she is on a government approved training course and is under 20 years old - approved training is unpaid and can include:

• Foundation Apprenticeships or Traineeships in Wales
  • Employability Fund programmes or Get Ready for Work (if started before 1 April 2013) in Scotland
  • United Youth Pilot, Training for Success, Pathways to Success or Collaboration and Innovation Programme in Northern Ireland

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.