Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Who is in right for a divorce man or woman

Customer Question

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please can you confirm the situation, how the marriage ended and when it ended?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband and I have not seen eye to eye for long time and want to fully end it.but unsure if one has more rights than the other,,live in council rented home so no assets only kids
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - the divorce itself will not deal with the children matters and these are dealt with separately which can be done by agreement between you.

In relation to the divorce, neither has "more rights" than the other and it will be down to which one of you can cite unreasonable behaviour from the other that has led to an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.