Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I don't understand the wording on my divorce settlement and

I don't understand the wording on my divorce settlement and wondered if you could clarify please.
It states I should "pay child support Until 18 years or ceases full time education to the end of first degree whichever the later occur"
My son is now 16 and is beginning a paid apprentiship. Therefore not in full time education but also not 18
I don't know when my child support payments should cease, can you help please?
Look forward to hearing from you
Rory (07989 408759)
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

It is the date which is the later of him becoming 18 or ceasing full time education to degree level. As he has ceased full time education (and I presume there is no reference to training) then the later date will be your son attaining the age of 18 so that is when your liability ceases under the agreement. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.