Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband has his own business, we own a property that he

Customer Question

Hi. My husband has his own business, we own a property that he is reluctant to sell, we are in a rented property, which once we sell the other house we can buy. My husband has a db9, and pays me £800 a month as a wage, half of this goes on the mortgage of the other property, he does occasionally put extra in my account. I have no idea what his take home is and despite his accountant recommending he makes me a director, my husband won't hear of it, but I have been loosely told that as we have children together I can claim half his business. Is this correct? Zoe Cunningham
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Which part of the Uk are you in?

Are you looking at a divorce?