Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Its about annulment Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide

Customer Question

its about annulment
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: i am in too much tension
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-If you are in England or Wales?

-The circumstances of your matter and why you seek an annulment

-How long you have been married

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i am in England
i married last year 11 sep 2015 i am from pakistan and come here in march
my husband gives me annulment not me
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

hey my case is regarding annulment , my husband said that i marry with him because i want to come in uk i just come here in march 2016 and now in May 2016 he send me annulment i hired a solicitor but my husband give him money or i don't know what happen he still did not send my petition answer now tell me what to do ?

Thank you for your above response - there is no need to create a new question and we can continue on this thread.

-Under what ground has he applied for an annulment?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
His Statement :The petioner met the respondent online on a Muslim Marriage Website. After just one meeting they decided to marry as the petioner assumed that the respondent wanted the same as him in life . The petitioner had a set criteria of what from a spouse and he informed the respondent of this and the respondent agreed. They married on 11 sep 2015 and the petitioner returned to the Uk on 12 sep 2015. The marriage at the time was not consummated. Once the respondent arrived in the Uk she changed her mind and informed the petitioner that she did not fit his criteria and she wanted to live a different life to the one he wanted . The petitioner accused the respondent of duping him only to gain entry into the UK . The Petitioner believes that the respondent deliberately lied to him and that he made a mistake unwittingly in marrying her. The marriage remains unconsummated. The petitioner wishes to have the marriage anulled and molve on with his life
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Do you agree that the marriage was not consummated?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

In that case it is likely a judge will agree that an annulment should be granted. In those circumstances, if an annulment is granted this will impact your spouse visa (if you have one) but the home office will assess your situation and they may allow you to remain in the UK.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is my answer and its all true .. but my solictor just make this answer but i think so she did not send them thats why i recived one legal notice which i am gonna send you in next question
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Please send the petition itself

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its very long how can send ? thats y i send you in attachment , if i tried to write it will take 4 hours
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

You can click the paperclip icon and attach his petition

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is what i received from my husband's solicitor
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
dear did you check my second last mail i already send you , if you have contact number please give me i want to discuss on call
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. It is clear that he has applied for an annulment and you intend to defend it due to some unagreed issues in his statement. However, the main issue he will need to prove is that the marriage has not bee consummated, and you agree to this. Therefore your defence of the annulment petition should not proceed as it will fail given you agree it is not consummated.

The other allegations he has made, and which you have responded to, will not fully impact the annulment application and it may therefore be best to no longer defend it. The judge will want to see if the marriage was consummated and because you agree it has not been, the annulment is very likely to be granted by the court.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
but that case is sexual assault , my husband was foot fetish person and he also he want me to do master behavior with him , like he want to become my slave , the Guy was not normal he never satisfy from normal sex because he always want me to release him from my feet .. so its consummated from himself
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

So why are you noy agreeing for the marriage to ve annulled if he has displayed this behaviour?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i want to defend his statement , i want annulment but not on his statement he should agree what he have done with me
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
whats the meaning of notice which my husband's solicitor send it to me ?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Their letter appears to attempt to agree an amended statement of case. Your solicitors should have advised you not to defend iy if you agree to an annulment, rather just put in a statement regarding the incorrect allegations. The annulment will likely be granted but would have taken a lot of time, stress and money from both of you due to thr defence

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its not incorrect , that statement is correct which we replied , second can you speak in urdu because i don't understand the first line meaning ..
second is that mean my husband's solicitor received the reply of my annulment ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
come on plz reply quickly other wise tell me or recommend another solicitor i need to go office tomorrow plz reply
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Apologies for the delay, unfortunately I do not know whether he has received your reply and you need to check this with your solicitors. But again, despite your reply there appears to have been no need to file a defence as the general fact of non-consummation will allow the court to approve an annulment.