Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have question about the financial consent order I filled

I have question about the financial consent order
I filled in the fact finder and sent it ti the solicitor to be drafted-after i filled it in is that the final joint funances we have
Can my husband claim more money or after i filled it in our finances are separated because he knows when i have my salary and i am worried he may want them to included and wanted to know when this all ends
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Do you mean that you have filled in the D81 (financial information sheet) form?

-Has an agreement now been reached between you and just an order is required?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the financial infirmation sheet which was sent to the solicitor to dratf the consent order
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But there is no date on this sheet
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am doing the divirce and the order through divorce online and they have marked it as received on the 13/9
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

If an agreement has been reached then you can rely on that agreement. There should have been disclosure of your finances prior to negotiations to settle the matter and just because you list your finances in the D81 form does not mean he can claim more money from you. The court requires this information from both of you in order to check that the settlement you have both agreed to is a fair settlement in comparison with the finances you both have. You should be aware that you must be fully honest in the D81 form as if it is found that you have concealed or misrepresented your positions, there may be grounds for him to apply to court to vary or discharge any order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
from my part i have been honest about the finances
The form represent my current finances on the day i was filling in it
I was just worried that until the consent order is dratfed and sent to court mine and his finances will change
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

If there are to be any major changes to finances there is a section in the D81 to detail this.