Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I WAS DEVORCED IN 2000 i left every thing to my then wife as

I WAS DEVORCED IN 2000 i left every thing to my then wife as I had a ten year old daughter and walked away with my clothes.
this was done through a mediation company part of the so called fair settlement was that the ex had 10,000 of my pension I retire today. she has sent me a letter claiming the 10,000 is that legally binding.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
cancel the live phone call an email reply will do thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Was your financial settlement recorded in a court order that was approved by the court, if so please can you attach the order using the paperclip icon?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is no court order in place for this it was completed by a company called cotton mediation we attended sessions to mediate the settlement I signed a piece of paper and so did she as part of the mediation agreement
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

That is not a legally binding financial settlement in divorces. For pension sharing there must be s court order that details the share of pension and this is submitted to your pension company and the relevant share ideas transferred to her.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you