Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

If someone has been found to have lied in their sworn

Customer Question

Hello,If someone has been found to have lied in their sworn written affidavit and the lie was important to the case.IE You accuse them of stealing personal information. They lied about how they came across very personal information they have stolen from you and then presented it to the court to use against you. (not incriminating but just used to misled the court on the truth ie a different version of the events) You then prove how they got that information (forwarded to themselves via email from accessing your phone without consent) to be a lie and that when they got the information it was long before their version of events occurred.How will the judge see it and if someone lies in their statement but demands costs in case can the judge still charge you for their costs? How seriously do family court judges take a lie like this in a statement?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you give me some context please - in terms of how significant the issue was

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello
thankyou for your response. I am applying for a non molestation order against my ex partner. Im trying to prove coercive control. There was only one episode of violence, no children. my partner would steal private information to use against me. he is very controlling and manipulative and took my final statement and twisted it to say that I did all this to him. I have caught him lying about how he got hold of information (above). this is private medical information regarding abortion. he has also lied about a situation at work , to say they where trying to fire me (as I had proof he was trying to make me think they where against me). I can prove there was nothing going on at work. I imagine he will just say I told him there was. he just turns things on me. I don't know, if you can prove lies will it help? what are the chances of getting a non-mol if there wasn't a lot of violence. if you just don't want him to harass you, come near you or threaten you with information he has stolen? if you prove lies will you still be forced to pay the other sides fees?
Sorry I know its not a lot of info.
thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

How long have you been separated and what has he done since separation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2 months, nothing since as a temporary injunction is there.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

On what basis was the Injunction put in place?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I left him I applied for an emergency injunction. He was subjecting me to coercive control. He took information and used it against me and controlled , manipulated, threatened, hit, bullied. I was scared of him. It was granted so he wouldn't contact me or have anyone else contact me etc. I was pregnant when I applied but not now. He has put me under the worst psychological torture during pregnancy. I cannot explain everything.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

How long was the original injunction granted for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Until November
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also is it possible to bring further evidence into the trial that hasn't been submitted by affidavit? Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

How far have the divorce proceedings reached

Did he actually contest the last Injunction?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He is contesting this injunction which is the first injunction. We are married by Islamic marriage, he is Muslim. No divorce proceedings, just really want this man out of my life.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Ok

Was the Nikah here in the UK and are there any other children involved and how old are they?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nikah was here in the uk, no children.