Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I bought my house before i met my husband ive just

Customer Question

i bought my house before i met my husband ive just discovered him cheating on me he has not contributed in any way towards the bills most of the 9 years we have been together he has not worked is he entitled to any of the house
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?

How old are you both and are there any children involved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is worth about 125000 there is about 48000 outstanding before we married I won some money and paid off 45000 of debt which he had he's not working he has state pension and small private pension there are no dependant children I have debts that amount to about 10000 he has just finished work he had been working for about 15 months prior to getting his pension it has only been the last 6 months that he has contributed to the bills and that was just 50 a week
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Did he bring any assets at all to the relationship - where was he living before moving in with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In a rented flat he bought a few bits of furniture he had a house in Spain which he sold for 84000 but he gambled a lot of it he also got lump sums from ppi claims about 17000 in total and I didn't get a penny I have given him money up until he started work 17 months ago and paying all his bills eg life insurance car tax etc beer and cigarette money he only started work when I said I can't afford it and refused to pay any more bills
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Is there a paper trail of these large lump sums he received?