michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
12609314

When a will has been made out 9years ago between to

Customer Question

When a will has been made out 9years ago between to partners,is it possible for one of the party to find out if a second will has been made out behind the other party back 7yeasr's later, if so where, and what do they have to do to find out.
Expert:  michael holly replied 1 year ago.

The answer I am afraid is that it is not possible to find this out.

Wills do not have any kind of registration system. If they did it would stop a lot of people having their estates wound up without a Will where there is a Will but no one can find it!

Best regards

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If a will is made out later than the origanl will dose it cancells out the first will between the two origanl couple
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When are you going to ring me

Sorry I am not in the UK so I do not do the phone call service.

The last Will is the one that is valid and will cancel out the first Will unless the first Will was a "joint Will" where both parties made identical Wills to benefit each other in the same terms at the same time.

These are called mirror Wills and not easily superceded

Michael