Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My ex partner is attempting to make a claim over my house.

Customer Question

My ex partner is attempting to make a claim over my house. We were not married and the house is in my name. She contributed to a joint account for house costs but mortgage is in my name only. I owned the house when she initially moved in - is she entitled to anything?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- did the mortgage get paid from the joint account that she contributed too?

- was it agreed that she would pat towards the mortgage?

- Did she pay a deposit towards the house?

- Did she add value to the house through renovation?

You have stated that the mortgage is in your sole name - is the land registry title also in your sole name?

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Answers to your questions above are given below:did the mortgage get paid from the joint account that she contributed too? - yes but mortgage at the time was interest only- was it agreed that she would pay towards the mortgage? - we just put a certain amount into a joint account for all costs - there was no breakdown to specify mortgage payments- Did she pay a deposit towards the house? - no - I paid deposit and house was bought in my name before we lived together in it- Did she add value to the house through renovation? - no - any work done on the house was by meYou have stated that the mortgage is in your sole name - is the land registry title also in your sole name? - yes - land registry is in my name only
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did you receive my answer to questions above