Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have parental responsibility and my child's mother is

I have parental responsibility and my child's mother is taking my daughter out of the country for a 2 week holiday but has not informed me. Is she allow to do this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you have parental responsibility she requires your consent to take your daughter out of the country - however, unless you have reasonable concerns that she will not return to the UK, then you cannot reasonably withhold your consent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is fine, but is she broken any laws in not telling me or asking me she is going abroad
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

She may be stopped at the border and requested to provide confirmation of your consent.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What does you offer give me