Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a residence order for my granddaughter u also receive

I have a residence order for my granddaughter u also receive her benefits for her. Her mother who lives with me and don't work keeps demanding her daughter's money am I within my rights to withhold her daughters money from her as I am my granddaughters main carer.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you have a residence order you would be considered the main carer of the child and therefore your would be entitled to keep and use for the child's outgoings any benefits that are received for her.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you