Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Me and my husband have just split he left me but he has

Customer Question

Me and my husband have just split he left me but he has taken my children and is refusing to hand them back to me where do I stand if I just refuse to give them back to him when I see them also he has a house which he owns and is selling that Aswell saying that I'm not aloud anything to do with it please can u advise me asap
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is currently no court order in place and I am the one claiming the child benefit for the children. He is trying to use the fact I suffer with borderline personality disorder against me with my children.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank yoi for your question. How old are the children?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Both two at the minute but my eldest turns 3 on Monday
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello are you still there?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Apologies for the delay in responding. Firstly, in relation to the children, they have a right to a relationship with their father which can only reasonably be restricted if there are welfare or child protection concerns and you will need to discuss and agree a routine for them to be with both of you. If you do not return them he will have grounds to apply to court for a child arrangement order.

In relation to the property - is this in joint or sole names and was it the former matrimonial home?

Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.