13262538

Do I have a legal right to know where my ex husband takes

Do I have a legal right to know where my ex husband takes the children? They live with me and he wants to take them 100 miles away to stay with his new girlfriend in Lowestoft. I do not know her address or if they'll have their own rooms as my son is 9 and my daughter is 8 and she has a 10 year old daughter.
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are there any court orders in place, if so what?

-Is this a permanent move or a holiday?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No court orders are in place. Only that the children live with me.
Its a holiday.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years

Your ex has Parental Responsibility for the children and the right to take them away (provided of course they are safe)

However it is reasonable for you to know the address where they will be staying (just as he should always know where they are staying with you) so that is there is an emergency you know if you should be worried.

However the sleeping arrangements are his business bearing in mind it is not a long term arrangement

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years