13262538

I am a prospective adopter to a baby who is currently

Customer Question

I am a prospective adopter to a baby who is currently subject to an interim care order and being cared for by social services (foster care). We previously adopted her older birth sibling. The final hearing for this 2ne child is due to take place in a couple of months but we have been informed that the judge is considering granting a special guardianship order to a friend of the birth mum (if the assessment for this individual is positive).
I wanted to know whether we would have any right to appeal any decision to grant a special guardianship order if it was made in place of a permanence order or whether at this stage in the care proceedings we actually have no right of appeal because the baby is not in our care .
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I ams sorry but you have no rights whatsoever at this stage - the fact that you are being considered as adopters has no relevance to the decision that the Judge is being asked to make

in terms of the future of the new baby

(which does not prevent me form saying I hope all goes well and will keep my fingers crossed for you!)

Please ask if you need further details