12826847

Is there anything I can do to stop my ex husband and father

Customer Question

Is there anything I can do to stop my ex husband and father of my children communicating information about my life to an ex partner against whom I have a non molestation order and whom has been arrested for harassing and stalking me recently?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

No, I'm afraid not.

There is nothing that prevents your former partners conferring with each other about your life and your circumstances.

If they start to commit offences then that is different. Just discussing you and your circumstances though is perfectly lawful.

I'm very sorry if that is bad news.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please. If the ex partner has been charged with harassment and stalking and a repeat offence is committed enabled purely through information passed on by my ex husband (I move house and he passes on my address), is he not assisting a crime occur?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Not unless he is encouraging him. Giving him information alone is not enough.