How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33318
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and I separated and We have a daughter 1.3 years old

Customer Question

Hi my wife and I separated and We have a daughter 1.3 years old
My wife is making huge dilema for me tô take my daughter alone. I've trying to contact her and not reply.her mother see the messages and don't reply
Apparently she is out of the country for the second time leaving out daughter with her mother. What can i do ?
I want to see my daughter !and I would like to put a stop on her passaporte in case she takes her away as she is brazilain and I am british !
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How long have you been separated and what contact have you had since then?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
About 1 month since September 1st and only had 3 contacts this past month
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What I would like to do is to see my daughter alone 1or 2 week and also put a stop in her passaport as I have a concern that she might take my daughter to Brazil.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

What restrictions has she placed on contact so far?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well. I am not allowed to see the baby alone neither to show my mother or sister.Also it has been so hard to see with her presence one a week.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Di you have your own place that you can take the child to?

Or somewhere similar?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I am sleeping a shared room . Will get a flat next month.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

What about a family member nearby?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am only one here in UK.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.


The Uk law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary

You should be seeing your child without your ex being present - and if there is nowhere else suitable you could use a local Contact Centre

The starting point is to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting - to see if it will be possible to reach an agreement with your ex - if that fails you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time that you spend with your daughter

You can also apply to the Court for a Prohibited Steps Order preventing her from removing the child from the UK without your agreement or an Order from the Family court - which she is not allowed to do as you have Parental Responsibility for the child.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the information.Do you have some contacts that I can use to get to see my daughter once or twice a week alone. Can I possibly have a legal letter to show my ex wife ?Also where shall I apply to the passaport stop ? In my daughter ?I think is just not right. Yesterday she contact me about some food for my daughter although I pay £75 pounds weekly she still saying is not enough.I told her not a problem and bought extra £40 pounds worth in food for my baby girl.
I don'5 mind giving the food long as I can see my baby girl alone and spend time with her so she knows who is her father.This is just messing with my head.Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

You must arrange an appointment with a mediator first

You can find one using this website

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Kasare



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
< Last | Next >
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK solicitor
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
  • Glos solicitor's Avatar

    Glos solicitor

    Family Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    10 years experience in all areas of family law, now specialising in cases involving social services and children
  • face July 2011.64x64.jpg UKfamsol's Avatar


    Family Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
  • chatham-chamber's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)