Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Mum and dad are going through a divorce but want it done

Customer Question

Mum and dad are going through a divorce but want it done quick and easy. Dad is leaving the house to mum and going to live overseas. Mum will continue to live in the house. It is mortgage free. That is the only financial arrangement they have and they are happy with it.
When completing the Divorce Petition, what is the best selections for
Section 10 -
Part (2) Costs - Dad is covering costs and does not want mum to pay. So I say this shouldn't be ticked.
Part (3) Dad does not wish to make a financial order. So I say none of the options should be ticked
Your help will be kindly appreciated
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. In relation to costs, if they are agreeable to only your father funding the divorce application it will not be necessary to tick the costs section.

In relation to the financial relief options, it is usual for petitioners to tick all the available options in the event that matters change later and to avoid there being any issues in applying in the future. Ticking the financial application boxes in the petition does not mean there will be a financial application, as there needs to be a separate formal application if either wish to apply.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.