13262538

Please can you advise me on how i stand legaly .my ex wife

Please can you advise me on how i stand legaly .my ex wife will not let me see my children i pay £400 a month to her to help support the boys .i was seeing my children quite a few nights in the week and all day sats .but now she has a new partner .she wont let me be involved in any aspect of the boys life .thank you in advance for any help on this matter
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but need some further information first

How old are the chidlren?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My children are 12 .8 and 6
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

When did you last see them?

What pattern of contact are you wanting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just keep turning up to watch my children do activities eg football training and matches ..i want to be able to have my children staying at my home at least once a week .and just to be able to be a part of their life
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

What was happening before the new partner got involved?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was seeing my children regualy
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Yes but what was the pattern and is that what you wish to re-instate

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was seeing the boys monday eve wednesday eve thursday eve for a couple of hours ..and all day sat untill about 5.00 pm ..and yes i want to see my children regular and be part of their lives
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just want to know can my ex stop me seeing my children and how legaly can i go about this to make sure im part of my childrens life still
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please can you tell me how long will i have to wait for your legal advice ..thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

My apologies for the delay

The law says that children are entitled to a close relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary

You should arrange to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting

www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

If your ex will agree to mediation then you may be able to reach an agreement that allows you to re-instate the former pattern of contact - and possibly move on to over night contact.

If she does not co-operate or no agreement can be reached then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time you spend with them - and which can be enforced.

You are also entitled to stay in touch with their schools and with any health professionals involved.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details