Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My Son has been living in China with his mum and stepfather

My Son has been living in China with his mum and stepfather for the past 6 years. I have paid regular maintenance to them. He will be 19 years old in December and has now arrived in the UK without his mum and step father to study journalism at Nottingham University. In the holidays he will spend time with me, other family and sometimes fly back to China. I am assisting with University payments accommodation etc but wondered if i can divert the maintenance payment directly to him now.
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if there is a court order in place regarding the maintenance, if so what are the terms?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No court order I pay through the CSA
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. As you are paying through CSA this ends when your son commences university and you will be free to pay him money directly without having to go through the mother.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you