Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband and I separated and have been living apart for

Customer Question

My husband and I separated and have been living apart for 2.5 months, our 8 year old daughter hasn't stayed overnight at his house because she doesn't want to stay without me and gets very upset about it. He sees her as much as he can throughout the week, but hasn't put her to bed at my house for a month. He now wants to take her away for a few days in October, I have spoken to my daughter who got very upset and said she doesn't want to go without me. Do I have to make/let her go with him?
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question.

-Are there any court orders in place ?

-Where does he want to take her?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Harris
No, there are no court orders in place
To a caravan site (I am assuming a pontins)
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for confirming. As there are unsupervised contact arrangements in place he would be entitled to take her on trips however, as there appear to be welfare concerns in relation to her emotional well-being you would be entitled to oppose this trip if it is not in her best interests, especially as there has not yet been any overnight stays with him and you can propose for these to gradual take place so that your daughter is comfortable with the increase in contact.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

No worries, I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris