13262538

My Neice wants to take her son on holiday, abroard. Her Ex

Customer Question

My Neice wants to take her son on holiday, abroard. Her Ex Partner (child's father) refuses to sign passport application. Is there a waybypass his authority
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Whilst technically she needs the agreement of her ex to take the child abroad she does not need him to sign the Passport Applictaion form - she can do this alone

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can he stop her taking the child abroard? technically. you say Yes! He can. Practically. Should she Ignore the 'thechnicallity?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

If she is just going on holiday she should give him the details in writing - including flight details and where she is staying - well in advance.

Only if her ex actually successfully applies to the court for an order preventing the trip is there a problem if she goes - and the court will not grant an order to prevent an ordinary holiday

Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call?