13262538

My partner is from Nigeria and we have a baby that is 7

hello!i am Romanian and my partner is from Nigeria and we have a baby that is 7 months old born in Uk.I want to end my relationship with him but i do not know if i can full custody of my son because his name is ***** ***** certificate as well .He does not have the right to work in this country ,i am the only one that sponsor him and and pay the bills and buy all the food and the flat we living im the only that appear in the paper but he still doesnt want to leave and tell me that will take my son too ,i want to know if is possible for him to take my son
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Who has had the day to day care of the child until now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me i stay almost all day with ,we live together but usually is not home ,he also does not have any income to provide for him or the baby im the only one that has
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What is his immigration position?

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He applied for visa but he didn't reserve a answer yet
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Both you and your partner have Parental Responsibility for your child and the right to have the child in your care.

However given that you are the main carer and your partner will have no ability to work and maintain the child it is likely that in the event of a dispute if a Court had to decide who the child should live with then it would be you who would succeed.

However it is better to try and negotiate if at all possible.

If he does try and take the child from your care you can apply to the court for an Order returning the child to your care

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details