13262538

I have been informed by the child maintenance agency that my

I have been informed by the child maintenance agency that my salary will be disclosed to my ex partner on the pretence it is so that she can challenge any decision. The salary is taken straight from the HMRC i have no other income.
i feel that this is totally against my privacy and also breaks the data protection act.
any advice would be appreciated.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you although I fear that the news is not good

This is not a breach of the Data Protection Act as it is in fact provided for by Legislation

I do understand how you feel but there is no way around it unless you reach a separate agreement with your ex.

Please ask if you need further details