Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I broke up with my boyfriend 11 years ago we have 3 children

I broke up with my boyfriend 11 years ago we have 3 children that he's not paid for ... We have a mortgage together that he refuses to come off unless I pay him half which I can't afford what is he entitled to he's not paid one payment into it he left the month after we bought it?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-How old are the children?

-What is his gross salary?

-Whose name is ***** ***** of the property in?

-What is the value of the property and outstanding mortgage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
19 17 16 I also have a child not with him who's 9.... £45000 valued at £90000 when he left both names are ***** ***** don't know what he earns he's been on benefits for years but has a job now
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** few more:

-Are any of the teenage children in A-Levels or approved training (unpaid)?

-Do they stay overnight with him, if so how often each week on average?

-Does he have any other children in his care, if so how many?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Eldest lives with him and has a job the others 1 is a college and one at school he's no other children and doesn't see the kids that live with me never has done
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

So there are 2 that live with you? What are they both studying or are they in approved training?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
GCSEs and other is fashoin
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Is the fashion course a government approved training course?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. As you have two children in your care who are still in school and on approved training you are entitled to seek child maintenance from him which is based on his gross salary. You can submit an application to the Child Maintenance Service who will investigate his income and come to a calculation as to his liability. However, as there appears not to have been a previous application unfortunately he is not liable for any amounts prior to a calculation being made by the CMS.

In relation to the home, as you are unmarried you are both only legally entitled to a share of the equity of the home in accordance with how the title is held, therefore in equal shares, unless there has been agreement between you that you should be entitled to a greater share.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for but if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.