Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife is trying to get legal aid. She have taken a letter

My wife is trying to get legal aid. She have taken a letter from doctor. How can she get a legal aid when she has been been domestic violence against me n threatening me n she was arrested by police for that. I also went to the GP for the complaint of phycial emotional n psychological abuse on me.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your further question. You can both independently obtain legal aid if you satsify thr domestic violence evidence criteria, and thereafter mert the financial criteria.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I won't get domestic violence legal aid because of my income. However how can I stop her from not getting legal aid because her allegations are false n without witness.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

If the GP is able to confirm that there is evidence of domestic violence then that can be used to meet the criteria and cannot be challenged as it is the GP's independent expert opinion.