Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can i get legal aid through domestic violence. She has been

Can i get legal aid through domestic violence. She has been arrested as I have said before although not charged. What do you need to show to get legal aid
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your further question. The police must charge, convict or issue her a caution for you to satisfy the legal aid domestic violence criteria. If your GP can provide a letter confirming you have been a victim of domestic violence by her this will also satisfy the requirement. Your finances will then need to be assessed as there is an income and assets test to meet.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you