Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My problem is: I wanna get divorce. We got married in

Hello, my problem is: I wanna get divorce. We got married in London, we are separated 2 and half years now. We have no children, no money issue... He cheated on me. I found out that my husband left the country, went back to Nigeria (where he was born). I saw on facebook his newborn baby. He doesn't answer when I asked his address. His friends don't tell me either. How can I carry on the divorce procedure without him/ his address/ his signature??
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Do you have any way at all to contact him, either through email or family members? Are you able to ask people in Nigeria for an address for him?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. I know only one of his friend and one family members. I already contacted to both. They dont know or they dont want to give me his address.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. Based on this you can apply for a divorce using the divorce petition and £550 court fee, and simultaneously apply using Form D11 and a £50 court fee as well as a statement outlining the situation with him moving abroad and your enquiries with friends and relatives (together with any evidence) and apply to proceed with a divorce without an address for him and dispense with service. It will be for a judge to decide whether to grant this. In the alternative you can apply for substituted service and serve through his friends or family which you must specify.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I thank You very much,i appreciate your advice and i will follow it and the five stars are going for sure. :)
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

No worries, I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a family solicitor for more than 30 years.
To add to the above
The petition must be based on Unreasonable Behaviour and the form you need to dispense with service is here
https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/d013b-eng.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank You so much Clare! :)