Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My partner and I jointly own a property. We have two

Customer Question

My partner and I jointly own a property. We have two children together, 18 and 14 years old. I have received a solicitors letter on his behalf to confirm, unless I am willing to sell our property, he will take out a court order to make me sell. The solicitor's letter states ' A court order will most likely follow with you having to meet our client's legal costs for having to take this action'.
We have a mediation agreement which states that I was due to purchase the property from my partner and he refused to sign the transfer deeds, and then stated he didn't want me to purchase the property, insisting we sell and split the finances.
I need to know if I am liable for the costs of my partner is he goes ahead with the court order.
Any inforamtion around this would be helpful. Thanks, Kirsty
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best t help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi ClareThe value of the property is £500,000 and the value of the mortgage is £201,000.We have both cashed in our endowments to the value of £52,000 and £72,000. This was the original plan, to split these equally and I would use my share of the endowment towards buying my partner out of the houseHope this info helps. K
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not wish to pay extra for a call, I would as your serve suggests, prefer an email reply please
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

I am so sorry about the popups - they are the bane of my life

How much does a reasonable two bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?

(I do know you have two children)