Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I got the order today for the kids to go school immediately

Customer Question

I got the order today for the kids to go school immediately and to stop her from going abroad and making travel documents. What if she says she did not see the order on her email or viber
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question and glad to hear you have the orders. Does viber offer"message read" confirmation? Did the court approve a search and locate application?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is not online on viber as yet. Not sure if she has read her email. She has been ordered to disclose the kids address.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried calling or texting her asking her to check her email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have text her to check her email and viber
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

I think for the time-being this is all you can do unless you are able to find where she is living to personally serve her.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has just gone online on viber which means she has seen the order.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has not brought the kids to school today even after courts order. What should I do. Can I go to the police with the courts order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I go to the police with the court order as she has not brought the kids to school to school.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex wife has not send the kids to school even though she has read the order in viber. She was online in the evening. The order was issued around 1pm in viber and by email. Now she is in breach of the order. Should I take the order to the police station
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting to hear from you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Can you please attach the order using the paperclip icon so I can consider the contents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached the court order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She haven't taken the kids to school today again.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

I have considered the court order and it has a penal notice attached. This means you can apply to court for committal proceedings and the court will consider what sanctions to issue against her, which could include a fine or imprisonment. I note that you already have solicitors instructed that are stated in the Order and I would suggest you speak to them about pursuing such an application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She haven't taken the kids to school as ordered by court. Neither she have contacted my solicitor. We have a hearing on 18th this Tuesday on child arrangement. Wat if she does not turn up on the hearing. Pls advice
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

You should really be speaking to your solicitors about this given you are instructing them and I do not want to overstep on their advice and representation, but given the non-compliance and the penal notice attached you should be considering applying for committal (ie. implementing the penal notice).

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She haven't brought the kids to school even after court order. I have a strong feeling that she is at woman refuge. I have hearing for child arrangements this Tuesday. I know she won't come although she is ordered my court to come. Wat should be my direction. Pls advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting to hear from you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

You should still attend the hearing and the judge will decide what sanctions to make if she does not attend.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the hearing on tuesday. She did not turn up. No sanctions were given. Instead we had to get a location order and then to serve her by hand. Once given she is to have 72 hours for the next urgent court hearing at the high court. While I am going through this process, she has changed the kids school yesterday. The kids school confirmed that yesterday even though order is their to prevent her from doing so. She is taking matter in her own hands and it seems she is given more chances.
I just need a second opinion of next step. She is putting the kids through so much distress.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. She will need to be served with this application and you may want to consider a specific issue order regarding the school - she cannot unilateral decide to change schools as you have parental responsibility

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Specific issue order was already given on the 11tb October regarding school. But she has ingored it. I felt the initial advice you have about doing c100 and find and seek order would have been better. We are now doing location order when it could have been done before. I feel more of my money is wasted.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. You will appreciate that the information you are receiving here is more general, whereas the solicitors who are representing you have the benefit of seeing all the papers and sitting down with you to take your detailed instructions and advise you on the options.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Location order was issued on Tuesday 18th. It's now 26th. How long does tipstaff take to locate my kids. My boroughs missing persons police unit have already searched for the kids and she has presented herself at a police station in another London borough on the 18th October (court hearing which she did not attend).