Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My wife cheated on me few months back. I wanted to leave but

Customer Question

Hi. My wife cheated on me few months back. I wanted to leave but decided to give it another go as weve got a 4 year old. I've just found out she still exchanging various WhatsApp and text messages with other men. now I don't want to be in this marriage anymore but I can't afford to leave as I'm responsible for the mortgate(my name only). I'm in a situation where I can't move out due to financial reasons and she knows this. Shes not working as we haven't got any childcare and it's difficult her getting a job during my sons nursery hours. My question is can i force the sale of our home and give her the equity so I can move on and get place of my own
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements?
-What is the value of the property, and what is the outstanding mortgage?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm 39. Wife 38. Been married 10 years. Property valued about 200k with mortgage of 100k(in my name only). I have a work pension(not sure value). Wife doesn't work and I earn about 39000. We have 4 year old son who is currently in nursery 3 days a week. We are still living together as I've got nowhere else to live
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Don't want to pay anymore money at this time. I thought I could get a general answer or pointed in right direction with the £26 I've already paid?