13262538

My mum has just gone into hospital - she lives with my

My mum has just gone into hospital - she lives with my husband and myself for the last 2 years and the ambulance guys have reported us to Safeguarding as they were concerned about my mum and that we were neglecting her. I am absolutely distraught as no-one has cared for my mum over the years more than myself and the hospital wants to see my Power of Attorney. Is there anything we can do at the moment?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What were their specific concerns?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They were going by what the ambulance guys were saying - when we called them on that morning they said she was sitting in urine - well because my husband and I couldn't lift her she was wearing a pad and it had obviously leaked - plus they said she had sick around her mouth which was untrue - her dentures hadn't been cleaned due to her not being well the day before - her blood sugars were high and this had made her sick and trembling. Also she had fallen over but we did not know that she had fractured a bone in her shin. They were judging as they saw it but do not know all the circumstances.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Have you heard from Social Services at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They phoned me this morning hence my contacting you. Saying that the ambulance crew had concerns. They said they won't let my mum come home until they have carried out the investigation - how will they do that. I told them to contact the private care people we use and they will tell them that mum is well cared for. Is it a case of waiting until they have done the investigation? They want me to take in my Power of Attorney which is for financial not health.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

If you have carers who will confirm that the care is good and that what the Ambulance Crew saw was an emergency situation only.

You should calmly co-operate with Social Services secure in the knowledge that once they investigate - calling to see you and speaking to the carers

all will be well.

I appreciate that this is worrying you - but you are doing the right thing and there is nothing more you can do at present

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

You are most welcome - good luck