13262538

The court order for visitation for my 11 year old boy states

The court order for visitation for my 11 year old boy states I have to give 28days notice if taking him out of UK. I have residency order.
My ex says he will stop this by taking me to court.
I can give proof of flights accommodation and insurance. What do I do ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Generally, if you have a residence order in place you are able to take the child out of the country for up to 28 days (or 4 weeks) without the requirement of consent by the other parent who holds parental responsibility. Please would you double check the order to see if you have misread it? I am also happy to consider it if you can attach it using the paperclip icon on this page.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

What your ex is actually threatening is to apply to the Court for Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the trip

You cannot prevent him from making such an application, but assuming that you are not taking him somewhere unsafe; and that you have made arrangements to replace any missed contact any such Court application is likely to fail

If you need any further details please ask

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years