Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex has recently left his job as he was ordered to pay

My ex has recently left his job as he was ordered to pay child support, he has told them he has no income but he has two properties one of which he is renting out and receiving income from every month and has done so for years. If child support are made aware of this can they make him pay?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, they should be informed of this as child maintenance is based on his gross taxable income. So if he is receiving an income from properties it should be included in the assessment.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you