Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

At 14 can my daughter legally move out?

At 14 can my daughter legally move out ?
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Where does she want to move out to?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
England
Her Nan
Social services have stated they will not remove her from our Home and have not felt it necessary for her to live Permantly any where else .
They stated she needs access to her Grandparents
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. She cannot choose to do so unilaterally, but if as a family you agree that this should happen you would be able to place her with her nan.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

It has not been ages on my behalf for my daughter to Live apart from me .

It was initially to help ease situation between myself and my daughter .My daughter rings her Nan and asks to be collected my mother comes at any time to collect her .I agreed to only weekend it has been kept being extended Came into house while I was working and took clothes My mum would not answer me Instead my brother rang to say my daughter wished to stay there .As a single parent I'm very distressed Where Do I stand legally ?Kind RegardsSara . Hori

Thanks for your further message - there is no need to create a new one and we can continue here - do you oppose to the actions taken by the grandmother?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I oppose my mothers actions