Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am a single parent and have order from norwich court

hello , i am a single parent and have order from norwich court residence order that my son stays with me. my ex husband moved to USA and I have no contact with him for 7 years now. I have been offered a job as a GP now in Australia and visa service asking me for letter permission from uk government or my ex permission. As I do not know where is my ex husband how do I get that letter or what form do i need to apply for such permission from uk authorities
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. How old is your child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for the delay in replying. Legally, as the father has parental responsibility by virtue of the past marriage, his consent will be required for leaving the current jurisdiction and the easiest way is to attempt to find him and obtain this consent in writing. If you have exhausted all efforts in finding him you will be required to apply to court using a form C100 and a £215 to your local family court for a specific issue order to permit the relocation.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you