13262538

My ex-partner has given birth to our son and I am on the

My ex-partner has given birth to our son and I am on the birth certificate. I was not given any choice as to my sons names. Is it possible for me to argue my right of choice as to my sons middle names? He is only 8 weeks old, I am happy for him to have his mothers surname.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Sadly you have no legal right to choose the names of your child - you could only have done that if you had been married to the mother and were the one who Registered the birth.

This is a matter for negotiation rather than legal action I am sorry

Please ask if you need further details