13262538

I'm currently representing myself in family court regarding

Customer Question

I'm currently representing myself in family court regarding a child arrangement order. My ex is happy for me to have residency as long as I agree not to live with my partner. My partner's is getting CAFCASS checks. He has previous convictions but nothing to do with children. Can it affect the decision?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. CAFCASS will confirm in their report that there were criminal issues if it comes up but as long as they are not child protection related they will not impact a decision.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you,

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

before we can answer your question we need to know exactly what the convictions were for