Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex thinks it's ok to come and go from my house and

My ex thinks it's ok to come and go from my house and confuse our son and when he has him he thinks it's ok to let his new girlfriend mother him and she has been harassing me just like to know were I stand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He threatened me aswell as pushed me
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How old is the child?

-Are there any orders in place regarding the arrangements, if so what are the terms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am from England my son is 4 and no orders in place
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

What arrangements have been in place for him to have contact, or how often has he turned up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He turned up when he ment to but always causes arguments infront of our son then makes out he's always got him it's all a viable arrangement on his part
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. It is highly inappropriate and not in your son's interest for the father to display such behaviour in front of him and you need to think about proposals to prevent this from happening - and it can include for someone else or a contact centre to assist with handover so you do not come in contact with each other. You can put him on notice that if he continues such behaviour you will suspend contact until he can demonstrate he can behave in your son's beset interests.

His girlfriend's mother has no legal rights to have contact with your son and if you believe that there is a risk to him you can prevent him having contact.

You will both need to provide each other with full and frank financial and income disclosure, as well as disclosure of your reasonable needs. The Court's starting point is a 50-50 split of all matrimonial assets and ensuring that both your needs are met in relation to both assets and income. For your information the criteria considered by the court in these matters is:

1. The income, earning capacity, property and other financial resources which each of the parties to the marriage has or is likely to have in the foreseeable future, including in the case of earning capacity any increase in that capacity which it would in the opinion of the court be reasonable to expect a party to the marriage to take steps to acquire;
2. The financial needs, obligations and responsibilities which each of the parties to the marriage has or is likely to have in the foreseeable future;
3. The standard of living enjoyed by the family before the breakdown of the marriage;
4. The age of each party to the marriage and the duration of the marriage;
5. Any physical or mental disability of either of the parties to the marriage;
6. The contributions which each of the parties has made or is likely in the foreseeable future to make to the welfare of the family, including any contribution by looking after the home or caring for the family;
7. The conduct of each of the parties, if that conduct is such that it would in the opinion of the court be inequitable to disregard it;
8. In the case of proceedings for divorce or nullity of marriage, the value to each of the parties to the marriage of any benefit which, by reason of the dissolution or annulment of the marriage, that party will lose the chance of acquiring.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you