Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am currently applying for an annulment. I married the

Customer Question

I am currently applying for an annulment. I married the father of my child 2 years ago (the child was already 2 years old when we got married). The marriage then split after 7 weeks and I am now wanting an annulment. The reason is is that the marriage was not consummated due to the fact that 3 months before the wedding I came out as being gay. We didn't sleep with each other for months before the wedding and haven't since being married.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Why are you taking this route rather than seeking a divorce?

Has the Petition been defended?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare
Thank you for your response.
I have taken this route as the marriage was over so quickly and I thought it was more fitting to go through an annulment rather than a divorce. To me the marriage never actually happened and it is a part of my past that I don't wish to be reminded of.
The petition is undefended (I think - he isn't contesting any of it)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then it is odd that the court is asking for medical details

What exactly does the letter from the court say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says that there is a lack of evidence of non consummation and this needs addressing before it is taken to trial
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you certain that your ex has not filed a defence?