How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33030
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Please help, my husband is from Jordan and he would like to

Customer Question

Hello , please help , my husband is from Jordan and he would like to bring his 10 yr old son to live with us and our daughter who is 9 yrs old .
I'm not very happy about this and our daughter is extremely upset about it . He hasn't given our daughter a thought and what it could do to her emotional well being .
What are the legal implications with this situation . Many thanks Alison
Email :***@******.***
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is his immigration status at the moment?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My husband has a British passport and has live in England for 13- 14 + years
Expert:  Clare replied 11 days ago.

have you agreed that he can bring his son to your home?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No , as I put in my first written conversation to u , I'm not very happy , my husband doesn't asked questions he has make the decision to bring this child over ,I wish to take no part in this situation . I have to think of my daughter in this .
Expert:  Clare replied 10 days ago.

Who owns the property and do you intend to end the marriage if necessary

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I hoping to get a divorce, but at the moment I cannot afford it ?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 days ago.

Who owns the property?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's in both our names !!
Expert:  Clare replied 9 days ago.

What income do you each have?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi , I would like answer to my question of which I'm not getting, I'm finding my situation very stressful. I'm not very happy with the response I'm getting from you , so pls leave it I will fine another way . Also if I can have my money back I will b grateful .
Expert:  Clare replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry for the delay - I was trying to see a way through this for you without starting divorce proceedings.

Unfortunately there is not.

There is no way that you can prevent your husband bringing his child to the UK.

He can also bring him to the house whenever your husband himself is in the house (although legally you could make him take the child with him every time he does out)

The only way that you can make it clear that the child will not live with you and your daughter as a family is to start Divorce proceedings.

This need not be expensive

The process is described here

You may be eligible for help with the £550 fee - that is why I asked about your income

I am sorry for the length of time this took - it is hard sometimes to try and get enough informtaion to look at all the options.

Please ask if you need further details, or still wish a refund.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't earn enough , I've spoken to a solicitor about a divorce and I cannot afforded it , I stuck in a big hole without any help . Everything has gone against me and this is my country. I'm sorry about my urgency. Thank u for u time
Expert:  Clare replied 9 days ago.

You do not need a solicitor

You can deal with the divorce yourself.

If you have a low income then you will not have to pay all of the Petition fee

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Kasare



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
< Last | Next >
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK solicitor
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
  • Glos solicitor's Avatar

    Glos solicitor

    Family Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    10 years experience in all areas of family law, now specialising in cases involving social services and children
  • face July 2011.64x64.jpg UKfamsol's Avatar


    Family Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
  • chatham-chamber's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)