13262538

It's regarding Child and/or Spousal Maintenance Assistant:

It's regarding Child and/or Spousal Maintenance
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I've been divorced for 6 years. We have 11 year old twin boys and for the past 6 years have received £20 per week per child. My ex-husband is earning significantly more money now although I have no idea how much. He has now embarked on a new relationship, which is fine by me, however it is my understanding that he will be providing for her and her children in ways he has never provided for us. The boys live with me and occasionally stay with their father who lives with his parents. I'm just wondering if I have any rights as to maintenance?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Best guess on his income - and how many nights a month do they stay with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,They live with me, and spend the occasional weekend with their dad. I would say roughly 25-26 days of the month they are home with me, and he helps out occasionally during the week when I have to work late, but some months that doesn't happen at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
income wise I'm not sure. I make just under £43K a year and he has mentioned a couple of times he makes more than I do.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then he is underpaying to an extreme extent

You should contact the Child Maintenance Service (CMS) - he should be paying 16% of his gross income a little less if he has other children in his home (when he does)

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help. It's greatly appreciated!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well