Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If my husband who I am legally separated from since 2004 has

If my husband who I am legally separated from since 2004 has divorced me how can I find out please. He is living in Essex and I am living in Ireland. He has remarried since 2014. Regina Hobbs
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have not yet received my reply please can u tell me is there a problem
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you aware if he has previously pursued divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I have had no contact with him since 2004. He was not allowed to have our address as rolled by the Irish Court. He was only to use my mother's address which he had and was also there many times during our marriage. I know that he is living in Great Dunmow in Essex and his name is***** 04:08:1964
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry his date of birth is 04:08:1965
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. As there very may well have been divorce proceedings that you were not aware off you should make an application to the Central Family Court in London for a Decree Absolute search.

You should complete this form together with a £65 cehque made payable to HMCTS: http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetLeaflet.do?court_leaflets_id=134 and return it to: ***** *****
First Avenue House
42 - 49 High Holborn
London
WC1V 6NP

The Court will then check if there is a Decree Absolute that has ended your marriage.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you