Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Other Side Submitting Order Directly To Court Roughly two

Customer Question

Other Side Submitting Order Directly To CourtRoughly two months ago I have a Final Hearing in a Private Family Law Case. I was represented by a Direct Access Barrister. My ex partner had a barrister and a solicitor.After the hearing my barrister (Barrister 1) drew up the order and sent it to my ex's barrister (Barrister 2). Barrister 2 then took almost three weeks to respond, and when she did proposed absurd changes to the order that would make serious differences to what was ordered in Court.Barrister 1 responded and nothing was heard back. Roughly one week later I received a copy of the order from the Court that was pretty much a copy of a document we got on the day; "The Lay Judges' Reasons".I made an application under the slip rule to request changes to this.Now roughly another three weeks letter my ex's solicitor has sent me a letter that she says she will send to Court in a couple of days. This letter claims that Barrister 1 refused to get back to Barrister 2 and falsely claims that I accepted changes from Barrister 2 that I did not. This letter goes on to suggest the order exactly as written by Barrister 2, ignoring all response from Barrister 1.If accepted by the Court this would result in a far worse order (for example there is a clause that allows Ex to cancel contact whenever she takes our daughter on holiday). What can I do in response?Many thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Will your Barrister confirm that he/she did not refuse to respond?